Peanut Butter Banana cake or treats
This is a cool recipe because of its flexibility. You can make a birthday cake or muffins, mini-muffin treats, or “energy bar” treats depending on your needs.
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 C honey
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6-8 oz package of lowfat banana yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash banana well with potato masher or fork.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together with blender until smooth and light.
- Pour into greased muffin pan or greased/lined 9×9 cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (30 in cake pan) or done. Top will turn golden caramel color and a toothpick should come out clean
- Allow to cool.
- Muffins: pop out muffins and put those you won’t use in the next 4-5 days into freezer containers.
Cake: this is a dense cake reminiscent of banana bread. You can easily split the cake into halves or quarters to make layered cakes for a doggy birthday cake. Use banana yogurt between layers and as frosting.
Energy Cookies: cut cake into bar sized pieces. Microwave several pieces at a time, in 30 second increments, to dry cake out and make texture chewier.
- Freeze. Thaw as needed